The Energy of Sacred Sound
Have you ever walked into a space that just felt incredible to you? Light, clear, vibrant, healing, comfortable, accepting, loving…
In today’s blog, I want to expand on the concept of a tangible energy field that is created with repeated use of sacred sounds like Om. I mentioned this in my blog, “An Om Story.” Please click here to read the blog.
Human thought is a powerful energy. Focused, repeated thought creates a tangible field of energy. Sacred sound combined with focused thought creates a field of energy that stays in a space and feeds and supports all who enter there. Sacred space for sacred work – like a yoga class or practice.
The sacred sounds from many traditions already have a powerful and beautiful energy field from thousands of years of chanting or use. Sounds like Om, Amen, Alleluia, Shalom, Mantras and so many more.
Create Sacred Space Anywhere
As a sensitive empath, I have been aware of energy fields for a long time, both positive and negative aspects. I have invited specific sacred sounds and mantras to help me co-create sacred and beautiful space for Sound Wellness’ events for many years.
Om, the Medicine Buddha Mantra and clearing mantras accompanied by my voice, intention and an amazing Tibetan singing bowl have created healing and sacred space in hotel meeting rooms, community halls and even in our booth at trade fairs.
People continually share with me how wonderful they feel in the sacred space created for our events.
I have also found that if we use the same meeting room for future events, the space has a memory of the energy field originally created and it is recreated easily and quickly.
Can you imagine the energy field you can create in a space where you live or work every day? If this is something that would serve you and/or your clients, you can create a space that feels amazing.
Create Sacred Space Yourself
In our Sound Wellness programs, we teach many ways to create sacred space. Here are a few tips on how to create sacred space:
- Do this first with no one else in your space. Begin by being in a clear space yourself. You can meditate on or contemplate what you are grateful for. A strong feeling of gratitude raises your vibration to create a clear space to work from in creating this positive, healing field.
- Focus your intention to create a high vibrational, positive energy field in your space.
- If you have a special singing bowl, tingshas or other sound tools that have a sound with the quality you want to bring into your space, use them too.
- Choose the sacred sounds you want to sing into your space. Note: using a singing sound carries great energy when combined with your focused intent and high vibration.
- Holding gratitude in your heart, move around the room, singing your mantra or sound in the space along with your other sound tools, if you have chosen to use them.
Sacred space is a great gift to give all those who enter your space. Including you. It is a place of well-being, harmony and support where you can offer your greatest work.